Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Electric!

This will be the first non-epic blog post in a while, hopefully.  Though I am unable to post pictures, due to the fact that technology hates me (right, Dad?), I want to write about the electricity project that was just completed.  One of the three libraries that we are working with, Sherigu, did not have electricity when we arrived; and as per usual, funds were tight and unlikely to improve in the near future. My mom had the wonderful idea of asking our church community to raise the necessary funds, and God was truly present as they responded to the challenge.  Thanks to a generous local electrician who volunteered his services, the library now has light and ceiling fans, which trust me are a necessity in this climate! The gratitude from the community is endless, which can feel overwhelming at times. My gratitude to all who helped me with this project, especially our Church treasurer (thanks Mom!)

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. .Local Electrician

    ReplyDelete